Reflexology is the physical act of applying pressure to the feet and hands with specific thumb, finger and hand techniques. It is based on stimulating a system of zones and reflex areas that reflect an image of the body on the feet with the treatment restoring a natural state of homeostasis to the client.
In modern times an increasing number of people are using this safe and natural therapy as a way of relaxing, balancing and harmonising the body. There are many factors in our daily lives which can create an imbalance such as stress or illness but our body has a natural ability to help heal itself.
BENEFITS OF REFLEXOLOGY
- Pain Reduction
- Rejuvenation of tired feet
- Improvement of blood flow
- Beneficial for post op recovery and pain reduction
- Stress relief
- Adjunct to mental health care ( anxiety, depression, PTSD )
- Easier birthing/ delivery/post partum recovery
As a member of the National Register of Reflexologists you can claim some costs on your private health insurance:
- Laya Healthcare
- Irish Life Health